The first year of teaching is a considerable significance in the professional development of a new teacher. Our induction process ensures that the appropriate guidance, support, training, expectations and observations are provided through a structured but flexible individualised programme.
Opportunities for career progression
Looking for more responsibility or greater professional development? The Stour Academy Trust can offer experienced teachers the opportunity to take on leadership responsibilities with rapid career progression in our successful and growing Trust.
Supported by a network of teachers, the Trust’s collaborative model of working in Hubs allows Teachers access to resources, experience and opportunities that are just not available to those working in stand alone schools.
of our Senior Leaders are
Individualised support from Lead Practitioners
The Stour Academy Trust utilises Lead Practitioners to support its teachers to be outstanding.
As experienced coaches and mentors, Lead Practitioners support individual teachers by planning lessons together, modelling teaching, sharing best practice in developmental marking, demonstrating the effective use of TA’s, observing teaching and providing constructive feedback in a positive environment.
Teachers working with our Lead Practitioners have shown significant improvements in their teaching, leaving them feeling more confident and secure in their ability to deliver a positive impact on pupil learning.
We recognise that people work more effectively when they are able to strike a healthy work-life balance.
All staff are able to take their PPA time at home (1 full day every fortnight).*
Since its establishment in 2012, The Stour Academy Trust has recognised, and continues to recognise, School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and nationally agreed terms and conditions for all staff.
As a Trust, we recognise and value that staff work tirelessly as both individuals and as members of a team, to provide an outstanding standard of education and improve the life chances for all children. Our staff are committed, passionate and go the extra mile in order to drive standards in our pursuit for excellence.
Take a look at just some of our pledges to our teachers:
- An additional day’s paid leave per academic year**
- Staff not expected to respond to e-mails after 6.00pm or at weekends
- Free confidential counselling
- Teachers not expected to create lengthy plans
- Emphasis on ‘live marking’ and using TA’s to lessen the volume of marking outside of lessons
- A maximum of six scheduled meetings per term
*This is at the discretion of the Headteacher, professional development will always be seen as a priority.
**After the completion of two years’ continuous service
We can offer all teachers:
- A permanent contract
- Opportunity to move to other schools within the Trust
- Full induction process
- Ever evolving work-life balance package
- Support from a network of experienced teachers
- Excellent career development opportunities
We can offer NQT’s:
- Support from experienced mentors
- Frequent opportunities to observe best practice from other teachers within the trust
- Clearly focused training schedules
- Extensive support from our Lead Practitioners
We can offer experienced teachers:
- More responsibility
- Greater professional development
- Opportunity to take on leadership responsibilities
- Rapid career progression
We are always searching for high calibre applicants to fill our vacancies. By joining our Talent Pool, we are able to contact you directly when positions are available.